Is losing weight one of your New Year’s resolutions? If so, you are joining the millions of Americans with the same goal. Each year millions of Americans make the goal to exercise and lose weight. But studies show that more than half of them quit trying within 6 months. Will you be part of the minority who beat the odds?
How can you be successful without the expensive liposuction or ultrasonic liposuction for quick weight loss? Losing weight naturally is less expensive and safer, if you actually lose the unwanted weight.
Here are 15 tips to successful weight loss. What do you have to lose by trying? Exactly what you want to lose, weight.
1) Drink water. Staying hydrated helps keep your body in balance and helps curve cravings. Sometimes people mistake being hungry for being thirsty. Stay hydrated to avoid that mistake.
2) Get enough sleep. Getting the recommended 7 – 8 hours helps balance the body and control cravings.
3) Make your own meals. Being your own personal chef gives you total control over what you eat. So pile on the veggies and make healthy choices.
4) Plan ahead. Avoid running to the store at the last minute and passing those pesty candy bars in the check-out line.
5) Eat good fats (use olive oil). Research has shown that eating good, healthy monounsaturated fats leaves a person feeling fuller, longer, while helping break down existing fats in the body.
6) Eat smaller, more frequent healthy meals, packed with nutrients. This is a way to control cravings and keep your blood sugar level stable.
7) Enlist a friend. Having a buddy makes everything more fun.
8) Get moving. Try to exercise at least 20 – 30 minutes a day and stay active. Pick something you actually enjoy to increase your chances of success.
9) Take up a sport or hobby. Again enlist a buddy.
10) Walk more. Park your car farther away from work, or walk. Take the stairs as much as you. Every little thing helps. You are actually changing your way of life.
11) Set goals. Whether it’s to compete in a 5k , lose 5lbs, or lose 2 inches around your waist, setting goals and getting closer towards them always makes losing weight easier.
12) Get enough lean protein. Protein has been shown to keep a person fuller, long, and getting adequate lean protein in a meal will ensure satiety while not adding more calories.
13) Make your plate colorful. Vegetables are colorful and full of anti-oxidants. Try adding more vegetables and color to your meal, the more colorful the better.
14) Make sure you get enough fiber. Fiber keeps your body regular and helps you feel full quicker. Get fiber from oatmeal, whole grains, and vegetables to keep off excess pounds.
15) Reward yourself when you reach a goal, but not with an ice cream sundae. Be creative with your reward. Is it an outfit, an outing? One person I know got a tattoo. Whatever motivates you, go for it. Rewarding yourself adds an element of fun